Monday, January 10, 2011

Perfect Chaos

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins

In the midst of all this beautiful culture & land there is destruction all over. Destruction of the environment by horrible pollution & manipulations of the Earth, & destruction of the mind & body from genetically modified garbage that is now considered "food" & the intense brainwashing of media defining what the human experience "should" be.
These visions instill a fear within me & make me loose hope for the future of humans. I just want to find a place that is untouched, a place where no plastic bags run through the river, a place where I can breathe deep & be confident that its all fresh air, and a place where the people are conscious of their actions on a much higher level. I'm starting to wonder where this place might exist...
Recently, I have discovered a major flaw in my view of the world.. I have acknowledged that since about the age of 14 I have despised many humans for their inaction (or lack of conscious awareness). On several occasions I have felt myself resenting people for their inability to change their ways to become a more conscious person about what is really going on in the world. I would consistently question others sanity and become filled with anger and disappointment to see humans make such selfish, mindless, & uneducated choices...
What I have realized is that the majority doesn't actually know what goes on behind the walls of a slaughter houses-so they continue to support the meat industry. The majority doesn't know how to recycle, so they throw their trash in the rivers, lakes, & forests. The majority doesn't know (about or) how to take action towards the global fresh water struggle-so they continue to leave the water running as they brush their teeth & take showers for 30 minutes. The majority doesn't understand how many resources the Earth is giving compared to receiving-so people keep consuming! consuming! consuming! This will remain a continuous cycle until human beings become more educated about their daily choices or until its too late..
Depak Chopra said that "people really are doing the best they can, given their level of awareness," this has changed my whole perspective about the evolution of humans. I has also changed my mind about the way I feel about those who don't contribute towards right action. How can I remain angry at a person who truly doesn't know any better??
I wasted all that time & energy being mad at people when I could have used it to lift levels of awareness..

Mission 1-Abort!
Mission 2-Execute!

1 comment:

  1. Very well written, please continue to Educate Everyone. The Universe is Supporting You. All My Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete